Test Prenatal Harmony® identifies the most common chromosomal abnormalities such as:
- Down syndrome (trisomy 21)
- Edwards syndrome (trisomy 18)
- Patau syndrome (trisomy 13)
And other trisomies linked to the sex chromosomes as:
- Turner Syndrome
- Klinefelter syndrome, among others.
Additionally it provides the sex of the fetus.
What are the advantages of Harmony ® Prenatal Test?
Current available options can calculate the risk that your baby has a chromosomal disorder but do not give a definitive answer. Invasive procedures such as amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling can provide a diagnostic response, but unfortunately have a risk of complications, including abortion. In comparison, the Harmony ® Prenatal Test provides more definitive markers of risk information because:
- Use only a sample of maternal blood
- It can be performed from 10 weeks of gestation
- It tests Trisomy 21
- It tests Trisomy 18
- It tests Trisomy 13
- It tests the monosomy X (if requested by your obstetrician)